Skipping past Writober and Nanoblomo . . ? Shit, I dunno. I'm as bored as you are.
Thursday, September 20, 2007
Le Sigh . . . Le Quiz (It’s Great to be “Back” . . . For Now)
I’d talked about doing another “quiz” and what better gimmick than to ask you questions about what I’ve been doing for the past, oh, two months or so. Maybe YOU have some insights. See, because I’ve not been blogging, right, so if I HAD, you would actually know the answers to these.* Some of them.
Winner may get something mix-CD-like.
1. Which exclamation will get you quickly ushered into the Magic Kingdom before the gates officially open?
a. “Mickey! MICKEY! Over here!”
b. “Oooo! Pick me, pick me!”
c. “Yo, ho, yo, ho, a pirate’s life for me!”
d. “Jesus FUCK!”
e. “I got a hunger for some Disney princesses!”
2. Mia’s favorite ride at Disney World (that she rode) was:
b. Pirates of the Carribean
c. World of Imagination
e. Peter Pan
3. Which of the following Disney princesses did Mia NOT meet?
c. Sleeping Beauty (Aurora)
e. Perez Hilton
4. Fill in the blanks: We recently took Mia to have pictures taken, which coincided with her ________ birthday. The pictures were just of her this year because ________________.
a. third; I was bruised about the face from MMA fighting
b. fourth; it was hard enough to get her to smile when we weren’t in the picture
c. fifth; my lazy eye makes me look all a-‘tard
d. sixth; Annie Leibowitz was in a bad mood that day
e. seventh; “In a word, Brian . . . very bad.”
5. Who was the first person to introduce the concept of God/religion to our daughter?
a. Michelle’s father
b. Michelle’s mother
c. her 4-year-old cousin
d. a Disney princess
6. This Friday, Michelle and I are driving to Atlanta to see:
a. two hobos having sex
b. the Witts
d. the last vestiges of our youth
e. traffic . . . lots and lots of traffic. And smog. Don’t forget the fucking smog.
7. After years of relative inactivity, I published another poem, this time in ____________.
a. The New Yorker
b. The Atlantic
c. No Tell Motel
d. Yellow Silk
8. Fill in the blanks: This coming Tuesday is my mom’s __________ birthday, and Thursday is my __________ birthday. Typically, we celebrate on the day between. I think, this year, we’re going to lunch and then catching a showing of __________. Afterward, I’ll take her home and then go back to work, where I will __________.
a. 60th, 29th, Knocked Up, do something productive
b. 60th, 35th, Behind the Green Door, sleep
c. 58th, 32nd, Control, blog about Joy Division at MySpace
d. 61st, 36th, 3:10 to Yuma, brainstorm some more for a creative project I will likely never start and/or complete
e. Are you fucking KIDDING me, Capt. Quiz-Making Jackass?
BONUS QUESTION: What did I make on my SATs . . . which, starting at a community college, I totally did NOT need to take?
* I know the lame excuses are just that (lame . . . and excuses), but almost every day, I was, all, “Man, I should write about that.” (Whatever “that was.) But I knew I was working on a quiz idea. And then, of course, the longer you let something linger, the better it has to be when you’re done. AND the longer you go without blogging, the easier it is to stay away.